Carefully read through
A*STAR in Collaboration with NSU and NTU funded International PhD in Science, Engineering and Research in Singapore 2013
Study Subject(s):Science ,Engineering and Research
Scholarship Provider: Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR)
Scholarship can be taken at: Singapore
• Open to all international students
• Excellent academic results to be in the top 20% of your cohort
• Graduate with a passion for research and excellent academic results
• Good skills in written and spoken English
• Good reports from two academic referees
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
Scholarship Description: The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS). The PhD training will be carried out in your chosen laboratory at A*STAR research institutes, NTU or NUS. Upon successful completion, you will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU or NUS. This award is for international applicants seeking admission to pursue a full-time PhD programme at NTU. Successful applicants for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) will receive their PhD training in their chosen laboratory at A*STAR research institutes or NTU. Upon successful completion of their course, they will be conferred a PhD degree by NTU.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 1 Jun 2012
HOW TO APPLY
Hard copies of the following supporting documents must be submitted to the SINGA Office:
- A copy of your Identity Card or Passport
- Certified true copies of university transcript(s), one in English translation and the other in the original language
- Certified true copies of degree scroll(s) or a letter or certification from the university on your candidature if your degree scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Two Academic Referees' Recommendation (download the recommendation form here)
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
Not compulsory but good to include (if any):
- A certified true copy of TOEFL / IELTS results
- A certified true copy of SAT I & II / GRE / GATE results
- Certified true copies of awards / prizes and certificates
- List of publications
- List of patents filed
The application deadline for January 2013 intake is 1 Jun 2012. Only applications with complete supporting documents received by SINGA Office before or on 1 Jun 2012 will be processed for the January 2013 intake.
Applications for the January 2013 intake received before or on 1 Jun 2012 but whose complete supporting documents are received after 1 Jun 2012 will be considered late, and will be processed for the August 2013 intake instead.
All supporting documents are to be submitted by post to:
Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will not be possible after it is submitted.
Click here to apply for January 2013 intake.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified within 10 weeks from the application closing date.